Transfer - Students

Our school district has a centralized registration process, so all students regardless of grade level, will register at the Saranac High School Guidance Office located at 60 Picketts Corners Road, Saranac. Registration packets can be downloaded below or can be picked up at the High School Guidance Office. For any questions please contact the School Registrar at (518) 565-5731 between the hours of 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. See steps below for registering your student. Once the registration packet has been completed and all documents have been received, the materials will be reviewed before the student is able to attend school. The school retains the right to temporarily delay registration pending evaluation of the documents and facts presented.

Please Note:

  1. The parent/legal guardian must be present at the time of registration.
  2. It is not necessary to bring your child to register.

Directions for Transfer student K-12:

Step 1- Complete District Registration Packet

For Transfer Students click here to download a Registration packet or you may pick up the registration packet from the Saranac High School Guidance office. Complete one packet per child.

Step 2 -Gather the necessary documentation:

  1. Proof of Guardianship - Parent/Guardian Photo ID (ex: Driver's license)
  2. Proof of Age- Original Birth Certificate
  3. Proof of Residency - see below.
  4. Proof of residency within the Saranac Central School District will be required at the time of student registration. Please note that at least two forms of verification of district residency are needs (one from Group 1 and one from Group 2). School officials reserve the right to request additional documentation.

    Proof of residency must include the name and address of a parent/guardian and must be dated within the last 30 days. Items must have the physical address. Items with only a P.O. Box are not valid proofs of residency.

    Proof of Residency

    If you do not have a formal lease, an Affidavit form the landlord/owner is needed. Click here for the Affidavit of Residence Landlord./Owner Statement. This form will need to be notarized.

    If you are sharing a residency, an Affidavit of Shared Residency is needed. Click here for the form. This form will need to be notarized and 2 proofs of residency from the lessee or owner will need to be provided.

  5. Proof of immunization
  6. Proof of Physical exam within the past 12 months
  7. Custody papers, if applicable

Step 3 - Bring completed registration packet and documentation to the Registrar.

Step 4 -Once all materials are reviewed and your child's enrollment has been decided, you will be contacted by the appropriate school regarding school building, classroom, and bus information.

Transfer Registration Packet (this packet is not for PK or K registration)
Affidavit of Resident Landlord
Affidavit of Shared Resident
Transfer Notification - required for all Middle/High school students
Application for Free and Reduced Meals

Notifications and Policy Information
Notification of Rights under FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
Parents' Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
Technology - Student Acceptable Use Regulations