MAY 18, 2021 VOTING & ELECTIONS
***Budget vote will now be located at the Saranac Elementary Gymnasium***
Please Note: Anyone who comes to a district building must follow the current COVID-19 Safety Guidelines (wear an appropriate mask and maintain social distancing) and comply with other rules for presence on School District property.
The Official Public Hearing will take place on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom Meetings. The Budget will be presented in 3 components (Administrative, Program and Capital).
BOARD MEMBER PETITIONS
Residents will be casting ballots for one (1) Saranac Central Board of Education member. This is a five-year term (July 1, 2021 - 6/30/2026) and is presently held by Charlene Favaro. Eligibility to run for Member of the Board of Education is as follows:
1. Must be able to read and write
2. Must be a qualified voter of the District, that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
3. Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the District for a continuous and uninterruped period of at least one year.
4. May not have been removed from any School District Office within the preceding year.
5. May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
6. May not be a current employee of the District.
7. May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
If you will be unable to vote in person the day of the vote and election, you may request an Absentee Ballot if reason is due to one of the following:
- Absence from county on election day
- Temporary illness or physical disability
- Permanent illness or physical disability
- Duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physicall disabled
- Resident or patient of Veterans Health Administration Hospital
- Detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony.
- Concerns about COVID-19 and public gatherings.
If Application for Absentee Ballot is to be mailed, request must be received by the District Clerk not later than 7 days before the election otherwise the application must be personnaly delivered to the District Clerk no later than the day before the election.
You may also request a Military Absentee Ballot if you are a military voter due to one of the following:
- In military service
- Discharged from military service within (30) days of the election
- An eligible spouse, parent, child or dependent of a military voter
Application for Military Absentee Ballot must be received by the District Clerk no later than April 22, 2021.
ALL BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DISTRICT CLERK BY 5:00 P.M. ON THE DAY OF THE ELECTION/VOTE.