Welcome to Prekindergarten at Saranac Central School!
Registration is now open for the 2021-2022 Saranac Central School District Pre-K Early Childhood Program.
Annual allocation of New York State grant funds will make this early education program available to children living in the Saranac Central School District. Children must be 4 years old or turning 4 years old by December 1st to be eligible to attend this program. Children who are age eligible to attend Kindergarten cannot be enrolled in our Pre-K Program.
Together with our community-based partner, Adirondack Helping Hands we can offer free, full-day, high-quality Prekindergarten experiences to 70 children. Our students will be placed in one of our 5 inclusive classrooms, located at one of our 3 locations: Adirondack Helping Hands in Cadyville, Morrisonville Elementary School or Saranac Elementary School. Specific classroom placements will be determined following the Pre-K screening process and will be based upon programming needs, travel distances and other circumstances. If interest exceeds the program’s capacity a lottery process will be utilized to select students for participation in the program.
Free bus transportation is provided to all our program sites. However, children need to be 4 years old to ride our buses. Families of children who start the program at 3 years old will need to provide their own transportation until their child is 4 years and one day old.
Be sure that your child’s registration packet includes:
• Proof of Guardianship – a copy of a Parent/Guardian Photo ID (ex. Driver’s license)
• Proof of Age – a copy of your child’s original birth certificate
• Copies of two (2) proofs of district residency (as required on page 2 of the registration packet)
• Child’s Immunization record/physical (These documents can be faxed or emailed.)
• Custody paperwork (If applicable)
• Completed PK Household Information form
• Completed and signed AUP form
• Completed and signed Pre-K Registration documents
Proof of Residency