Student Enrollment


The Saranac Central School District welcomes all school-age students who reside in the District

Enrollment packets can be downloaded below or can be picked up at the High School Counseling Office. If you have questions, please contact the School Registrar (518-565-5810) between the hours of 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Registration for Pre-K registration and K ONLY-Registration has officially opened for the 2024-2025 school year! Currently, the Pre-K and Kindergarten registration is fully online.

Pre-K/Kindergarten Online Registration LINK

Registrations are due no later than April 1st.  

Screening dates (by appointment) PREK- May 13th-16th and Kindergarten- May 20th-22nd.

If you are trying to enroll a non-resident student, please submit this form before contacting the school registrar:

Non-Resident Form

Please Note:

  1. The parent/legal guardian must be present at the time of registration. It is not necessary to bring your child to register.

  1. Directions for enrolling students (1st through 12th grade students can be enrolled at any time. PreK or K students, please click the tab on the left side of this page for enrollment instructions):

Step 1--Complete the Student Enrollment Packet--Complete one packet per child.

Click here to download the packet or you may pick it up from the Saranac High School Counseling Office.

Step 2--Gather the necessary documentation listed on the first page of the Registration packet.

Step 3--Contact the School Registrar (518-565-5810) for an appointment. Bring the completed enrollment packet and documentation with you.

Step 4--Once all materials are reviewed and your child's enrollment has been decided, you will be contacted by the appropriate school regarding school building, classroom, and bus information.

Required documentation:

1) Proof of date of birth: Please provide your child’s original birth certificate. If your child’s birth certificate is unavailable, one of the following can be used for identification: passport or certified record of baptism.

2) Proof of residency:

The following documents can be submitted as proof of age and residency in the District:


 Proof of Physical Residency

Proof of Age 

Best Form of Documentation

  1. Copy of a residential lease; or Proof of ownership of a house, such as a deed or mortgage statement.


Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism giving the date of birth. If either is available, no other document may be used to determine a child's age.


Next Best Documentation


A statement by a landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent or person in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the district.




If none of the above exist, additional options:

*Note: The District may or may not accept such documents and can request additional documentation and/or for any statements to be notarized.

  1. Pay stub; income tax form;

  1. utility or other bills; membership documents

  1. (e.g., library cards) based upon residency; voter registration document(s); official driver's license, learner's permit or non-driver identification; state or other government issued identification; documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or

  1. evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; a statement by a third party relating to the parent(s) or person(s) in a parental relation's physical presence in the district; and/or other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the district; an affidavit of the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation.

Official driver's license; state or other government issued ID; school photo identification with date of birth; consulate identification card; hospital or health records; military dependent identification card; documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); court orders or other court-issued documents; Native American tribal document; or records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies. 

*Such documents should have been in existence for two years to be considered. If none of the above exist, the District may consider an affidavit of age.

**Students may also be eligible for enrollment without the documents listed above under the Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program**